New Jersey Construction Accident Attorneys
New Jersey Construction Accident Lawyer for Construction Accident Claims
Finding a NJ construction accident lawyers to aggressively fight for your rights due to a construction related accident is very important. When the other is negligent, you deserve to be fully compensated for your injuries. While constructions goes on all around us, it is also one of the most dangerous types of jobs a person can be involved with. A person is three times more likely to be hurt doing this type of work than others. About 1/5 of work place fatalities are construction related.
While safety should always be a top priority, that isn’t how it often plays out. Many employers cut corners in order to save time and to save them money. As a result, they are negligent becaue they are intentionally and knowingly putting their employees at risk by doing so. While any construction worker hurt on the job should file a workman’s compensation claim as soon as possible, that is only going to cover some of the cost. If the conditions weren’t safe to work in, there may be grounds for a personal injury suit. If someone dies, a wrongful death case may be possible, contact our New Jersey construction accident lawyer, to see if this construction accident claims are probable.
Our goal is to make sure every injured construction worker is taken seriously. We will immediately start to investigate what took place. We will uncover the elements that resulted in your accident or the death of someone you love. We will hold those who were negligent responsible for those actions. We will get you the money you deserve for your injuries as well as pain and suffering due to the accident. Our goal is also to hold such employers to higher standards so they will strive to lower the risk of such accidents in the future.
There can be a wide variety of factors that influence a construction related accident in New Jersey. Unfortunately, there can be quite a few risks on any given job site on any given day. Even with Federal and state laws in place, they are only good if they are being enforced. The lack of enforcement often results in serious injuries and even death on construction sites. Common scenarios NJ construction accident attorneys often deal with include:
- Electrocution – Due to the amount of power on a given worksite for construction, there is always the risk of electrocution. There are more than 400 deaths in the realm of construction in the USA each year due to this hazard.
- Falling objects- There are often look objects around any given construction site. They have to be moved to the higher levels too. If they aren’t secured in place, they can fall and hit a worker on a lower level. This can result in very serious injuries or kill someone. It may cause someone to no longer be physically able to return to this type of work in the future.
- Falls – Many constructions jobs involve moving around at a higher level. The higher up the work is being conducted, the higher risk of a fall resulting in serious injury or death. This continues to be the #1 cause of construction related deaths.
- Heavy Machinery – There is a great deal of heavy machinery and equipment found on the typical construction site. When someone isn't using them correctly, someone can get ran over or crushed due to the weight and power of them.
The underlying piece of the puzzle with all of these scenarios on a construction site comes down to negligence. As a result, there is a higher than normal risk of an injury happening or a death resulting. The more employers rush to get jobs done for less money and in less time, the higher that risk becomes. They often higher employees without adequate skills or training because they will work for less money. It all adds up to disaster!
Serious Injuries Reported on a Construction Site
There are quite a few different scenarios which can play out due to injuries on a construction site. These are the most common ones we work with. They include:
- Amputation of one or more limbs
- Back Injuries
- Brain Injury
- Broken or Fractured Bones
- Exposure to toxins
- Neck Injuries
For many of our clients, a construction related injury can be life changing for them. It can result in them being unable to work for a very long period of time. They need to give the body plenty of time to heal. In other scenarios, the client is never able to return to construction work again due to the extent of such injuries. In the event of a death, their family no longer has that ongoing income to rely on.
While your workman’s compensation claim will help, it is going to fall short of your needs. It will pay about 70% of your wages. How are you going to make up the other 30% for the duration of time you can’t work? They don’t offer any funds for pain and suffering either. We will file a negligence lawsuit on your behalf, which will help make up those wages and to cover your pain and suffering.
Who is Responsible?
Our job is to do far more than just determine there was negligence at the construction site. We also dig deep to find out who should be held liable for them. This may be one party or a combination of parties. They may include:
- Onsite Manager
- Manufacturer of Equipment
- Site Owner
Contact our NJ construction accident lawyers as soon as possible regarding your construction site injures or the death of a loved one working in such a capacity. As your NJ construction accident attorneys we will start immediately to gather information and to strive to help you get the compensation you are entitled to. We aren’t afraid to go up against large companies and hold them accountable if they were negligent.